Tuesday, May 2, 2017

May 2 quilt project update

Hello again! I did not plan to be away from my blog for so long, but paid work gets in the way.

Today I am updating you on my progress on my Double Wedding Ring quilt, still in pieces in my last blog entry.  Well it is now all pieced, layered, and basted.  In fact I am more than 1/3 of the way through hand quilting it.


And a close up (with shadows, sorry) of the hand quilting.


I used the templates from Quilting from the Heartland by Sharlene Jorgenson, and a quilting template also provided by this company.  With the templates and careful cutting and sewing, everything comes together!  But I doubt I'll do another project like this - so many curved seams.  Still, so pretty....

I am linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River as I do most weeks I have projects to share. Follow the link to pictures of pretty quilt blocks and other projects.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian
   Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails