Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tuesday Quilt block June 21

This past week on Barbara Brackman's blog, she talked about Quercitron colors and arborescent chintz.  Quercitron gives fabric drab, olive to mustard yellow colors.  It's part of the color palette of older quilts.  Below are two fabrics from my stash that are olive, if not exactly what Barbara shows on her blog.



What will I do with my stars?  I have quite a few now, as I am making two a week.  I think I will make one quilt top of the "older" fabrics (chintz and fabrics like this week's stars) and another top with "younger" fabric.  Let's see how the rest of the year goes.

I am linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Quilt Story as I do most weeks I have blocks to share. Both blog hops have pictures of pretty quilt blocks and other projects. I am also joining Work in Progress Wednesday - some colorful and interesting projects there!

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

  Pin It

1 comment:

lalaluu said...

I love star blocks! I also learned two new words from your blog; geez, who would've thought there was such a vast language about fabrics? Thanks for sharing and expanding my knowledge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails